The Lay Counselor training program is designed for individuals who wish to utilize their skills to help others within their church family to help people find freedom in Christ.
Through this program, individuals will learn how to help their church family find freedom from issues like anxiety, depression, addiction, marriage and relationship problems, and more.
This program teaches a biblical counseling model called Creation Therapy, which includes the most in-depth Christian trait analysis available, the Arno Profile System (APS). This model instantly gives you an in-depth look at a person’s unique, inborn strengths, weaknesses and needs. It then provides a step-by-step model for counseling.
The Lay Counselor training program is a 100% online distance learning program that fully equips you to become a Certified Temperament Counselor via the National Christian Counselors Association**.
The Lay Counselor training program is completed via distance-learning at the student’s own pace. Students may enroll in the program at any time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Professing Christian and active member of a local church body, including a letter of recommendation from the student’s pastor or pastoral oversight.
Individuals who complete this program may apply their coursework to Christian Counseling Degree programs at CBC.
To finish the program, you will complete the following:
Candidates must complete the following courses:
- PSY101: Creation Therapy
- PSY102: Basic Christian Counseling
- PSY103: Christian Psychology & Counseling
- PSY105: Mastering Pastoral Counseling Utilizing Temperament
Candidates must complete the following:
- Complete a practicum, consisting of administering the APS report to 10 individuals.
- Complete three (3) hours of clinical supervision.
- Submit responses to the NCCA’s National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- Submit a headshot or photo.
- Submit a resume detailing ministry & vocational experience.
- Submit three reference forms from individuals who can speak to the candidate's character and Christian witness.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the student’s pastor and/or pastoral leadership within the student’s local church, on church letterhead.
- Apply for Membership to the National Christian Counselors Association.
- Apply for Membership to the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling.
Following the candidate's completion of these requirements, he or she will earn:
- Certification as a Certified Temperament Counselor from the National Christian Counselors Association
- Membership in the National Christian Counselors Association
- Membership in the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling
Individuals who complete this program may apply their coursework toward Christian Counseling Degree programs at CBC.
Total Program Cost
The following costs constitute the entire program for Lay Counselor training:
(Prices are listed in U.S. Dollars ($ USD)
Total Program Cost: $1,875
Flexible payment options for the Lay Counselor training program is available to candidates, including payment plans, paid-in-full discounts, and pay-as-you-go options. Limited scholarships are available. Visit our Tuition & Fees Page here.
Enrollment at CrossPointe Bible College takes place on a rolling basis, meaning you can begin your coursework as soon as your application is approved. Once you’ve completed a course, you may move on to the next course.
**This program does not lead to state licensure as a Professional Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist, or Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor, but rather to certification as a Certified Temperament Counselor with the National Christian Counselors Association, a non-profit para-church Christian Organization.