The [Fast-Path]™ Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Clinical Christian Counseling program at CrossPointe Bible College is designed specifically for students who have completed their Master of Arts in Christian Counseling at CBC or another Certified Academic Institution (CAI) of the National Christian Counselors Association.
[Fast-Path]™ allows students to expand and build upon their previously learned and acquired skills in their Master’s degree program, and quickly move through the PhD program, requiring only 16 additional courses (48 credit hours) above the master’s degree, as well as a doctoral Dissertation. This program is offered at a fraction of the cost of a traditional PhD degree program, and the student chooses each course he or she takes.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Christian Counseling* degree equips students to be effective pastoral counselors and help their clients find freedom from issues like anxiety, depression, addiction, marriage and relationship problems, and more.
The [Fast-Path]™ PhD in Clinical Christian Counseling degree is a distance learning program that fully equips the Christian Counselor with upgraded licensure as a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certified via the National Christian Counselors Association**.
This degree program is intended for:
– Christians who want to continue in the field of counseling as a profession.
– Pastors, church leaders, and ministry leaders who want to learn how to provide faith-based counseling to members of their church and community.
– Christians who want to gain an effective skill-set to use in an area in which they have previous work and life experience, such as human resources, finance, business, education, etc.
The [Fast-Path]™ PhD degree in Clinical Christian Counseling is completed via distance-learning at the student’s own pace. Students may enroll in the program at any time. The degree program is completed in three phases.
- Master of Arts degree in Clinical Christian Counseling from CrossPointe Bible College, or another Certified Academic Institution of the National Christian Counselors Association. (Students who have completed their Master’s degree at another NCCA CAI will need a letter releasing that student to continue studies at CBC.)
- Current designation as a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor via the National Christian Counselors Association.
- Commissioning, Licensure or Ordination as a Christian minister
- Professing Christian and active member of a local church body, including a letter of recommendation from the student’s pastor or pastoral oversight
The [Fast-Path]™ PhD in Clinical Christian Counseling degree is earned by completing the following requirements:
The student must complete 48 hours of doctorate-level coursework (16 courses).
The student selects 16 elective (advanced) courses. Available courses may be viewed in CBC's course catalog.
Depending on the courses chosen, students are eligible to receive advanced certification in one of the following areas:
[Fast-Path]™ Additional Degree Requirements
- The student must complete a dissertation, consisting of 35 case studies from APS reports the student has completed and provided to individuals. Specific Dissertation details here.
- Submit a current copy of the student's Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor license.
- Submit a current copy of the student's licensure, commissioning, or ordination in Christian ministry.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the student's pastor or pastoral leadership.
- Submit a license upgrade request to the NCCA for the designation of Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certified.
- Complete the matriculation process to award the student's degree.
Following the student’s completion the required coursework and additional requirements, he or she will earn:
- Upgraded licensure to NCCA Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certified
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Christian Counseling
- Advanced Certification (if applicable)
Total Program Cost
The following costs constitute the entire program for the [Fast-Path]™ PhD in Clinical Christian Counseling:
(Prices are listed in U.S. Dollars ($ USD)
Total Program Cost: $6,375
Flexible payment options for the [Fast-Path]™ Master of Arts in Clinical Christian Counseling degree is available to students, including payment plans, paid-in-full discounts, and pay-as-you-go options. Limited scholarships are available. View our Tuition & Fees Page here.
Enrollment at CrossPointe Bible College takes place on a rolling basis, meaning you can begin your coursework as soon as your application is approved. Once you’ve completed a course, you may move on to the next course.
*The Doctor of Philosophy of Arts in Clinical Christian Counseling degree is conferred from one of CBC's Educational Partners.
**This degree does not lead to state licensure as a Professional Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist, or Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor, but rather to licensure as a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certified with the National Christian Counselors Association, a non-profit para-church Christian Organization.